As we monitor global developments related to the Corona Virus (COVID-19), our priority at UNC Fertility remains the health and safety of our patients and staff, as well as providing you with a positive experience. To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO, American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), and local public health authorities; we are adjusting our treatments and enhancing our screening policies. These safety precautions will be reviewed by our medical advisory board daily. As of now (January 9, 2023):
- We will be adjusting the hours that the clinic will be open for U/S, urgent visits, labs, and SAs. Currently, we are open from 7:30am-4pm Monday-Friday. We will aim to be closed on weekends as well (except in urgent situations or cycle-day specific appointments). If you have any questions regarding your specific treatment protocol, please call us at 919-908-0000.
- We are currently conducting consultations and follow ups via telephone, or video conference; with the same personalized care and attention from the safety of your home.
- For any appointments that require you to be in-person; please be advised that at this time, only the patient will be permitted in the office.
- Currently we are slowly starting some fertility treatments while still delaying some treatments, in accordance with UNC Health and national guidelines. Current patients can reach out to their care team for more information.
- We can begin some screening and testing processes to have you ready for treatment as soon as it is safe to resume.
- If you are experiencing fevers or upper respiratory symptoms, please reschedule your appointment with us and reach out to your primary care physician or UNC’s Covid-19 phone # (Health Link – 888-850-2684).
- We are cleaning all surfaces in common areas several times a day.
- Employees that have any concerning symptoms will not come in to work.
- If you have further concerns, or want more information, please refer to:
- UNC Health’s Dedicated number for Covid-19 at Health Link – 888-850-2684
- UNC Health’s website for COVID-19: https://www.unchealthcare.org/coronavirus/
- The CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We know that this difficult time may bring about many questions and concerns in regards to your fertility treatment. The ASRM has put together a FAQ list for patients regarding fertility and COVID-19 which can be found here.
Facts about COVID-19 Coronavirus:
- There is no data (as of now) about risks of COVID-19 during conception and pregnancy.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website is the recommended source for up-to-date, detailed information about COVID-19.
- The vast majority of people who contract COVID-19 will not require hospitalization; symptoms are often mild enough that one can recover at home.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, please contact your primary care physician or UNC Health’s Dedicated number for Covid-19 at Health Link – 888-850-2684
- The steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 are generally the same as those for the flu.
- The best prevention is through washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19; facemasks should be used only by people who show symptoms of these diseases to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.